*Originally this bucket list was posted in 2016 and I’ve been building on it since*
In 2016 my wonderful husband took me away for a surprise holiday and in that week we did lots of things from my “bucket list”: Stroked a giraffe, went wine tasting, stayed in a cabin with a hot tub and had a spa weekend. These were all things i’d mentioned wanting to do but never made moves to complete . So I have decided to compose a new list and have been slowly ticking them off one at a time.
Be warned it’s a little long and a little daft! Some are terribly cliché. 110 currently completed so far. suggestions welcome.
1. Run a full marathon.
2. Go on a road trip in Europe.
3.Plant a tree. completed Aug 2020
4.Visit Paris with my husband and kiss on the Eiffel tower.
5.Take my husband on a holiday! Paid for and picked for him by me.
6.Attend a music festival. (Yep 30 and I have never been!)
7.Shoot a real gun.
8.Learn to knit. completed jan 2018
9.Try mussels. Completed 5.4.17
10. meet a member of the royal family completed 2017
11. Have a dog completed Feb 2017
12.Read all of Jane Austen’s published work.
13.Jump off a boat into the sea.
14.Attend an international sporting event.
16.Ride in a helicopter.
17.Have a professional make over.
18.Learn another language.
19.Learn to go to sleep every night without the TV on. (My husband would appreciate this one).Completed July 2017
20.Ride in a canoe.
21.Fly 1st class.
23.Stay in a cabin in the snow.
24.Run in the London marathon.
25.Read an Agatha Christie novel. completed 16/4/17
26.See the Egyptian pyramids.
27. Make cake pops.
28.Raise £500 for charity. Completed 2020
29.Be able to do a handstand for 10 seconds or more. Completed June 2019
30.Eat pasta in Italy.
31. Buy myself a piece of tiffany jewellery.
32.Fly in a hot air balloon.
33. Travel on a Sail a boat.
34. Have a makeup lesson.
35.Learn a useless skill. completed 2021
36.Help someone to complete something on their bucket list. Completely September 2018
37.See the northern lights.
38.Attend the Edinburgh military tattoo.
39.Go to Disneyland as a grown up. (I’ve been loads of times as a kid, but want to go as an adult and wear mini mouse ears!!).
40. Pass my driving theory test.
41.Go to the opera.
42.Visit the houses of parliament.
43.Visit New York.
44.Learn to juggle.
45.Bake a birthday cake for someone I love. Completed aug 2020
46.Visit the Lake District.
47.Complete a Masters degree.
48.Visit a Scottish castle.
49.Learn to perform a magic trick. (Something little!)
50.Watch a Shakespeare play in the globe theatre London
51.Learn to rollerblade.
52.Have a drink in an Ice Bar.
53.Save a decent amount of money. (I suck at saving).
54.Take a photography class.
55.Try out 20 different sports at least once. Completed 12/9/2017
56.Take up and learn a new sport. completed 23/09/2018
57.Visit harry potter world in America.
58.Watch Harry Potter and the Cursed Child. Completed jan 2020
59. Take my dogs on holiday completed October 2022
60. Take a spin class completed 2020
61.Own a pair of designer shoes.
62.Take a spur of the moment trip with my husband. (Anywhere fun).
63.Stay overnight in a landmark London hotel .
64.Learn a rap song from start to finish.
65.Take my husband on a shopping trip and buy him whatever he wants.
66. Go to a German Christmas market
67.Sew something wearable.
68.Drink a stupidly priced bottle of wine
69.Picnic in Hyde Park. Completed July 2018
70.Picnic in central park New York.
71.Make homemade bread from scratch. Completed 1/9/2017
72.Go on an adventure holiday.
73.Ride in a horse and carriage.
74.Write a book. (I told you some would be incredibly cliché). Completed December 2020
75.Create a family tree.
76.Make a handmade gift for someone for Christmas. complete 1/12/2017
77.Attend a murder mystery dinner.
78.Be a member of a TV studio audience.
79.Re decorate a whole house. Completed September 2018
80.Go to an outdoor cinema or theatre. Completed Aug 2018
81.Teach my dog a cute trick. (We will see about that one). completed 11/05/2017
82.Be able to play a PlayStation game competently.
83.Attend an army v navy rugby game. completed 29/4/2017
84.Have my photo taken with a famous person.
85.Have a decent wine collection.
86.Read 10 world changing , challenging, classical or controversial books. Completed July 2019
87.Learn to be a confident cook. Completed 22/08/2017
88. Go indoor rock climbing.
89.Ride a Segway. completed April 2022
90.Have our photograph taken by a professional. Completed may 2018
91.Visit a temple.
92.Watch phantom of the opera in the theatre.
93.Go abroad with my best friend.
94. ride a hover board
95.See a comedian live. completed 2021
96.Do a good deed every day for a week. Completed 10/12/2017
97.Build a piece of furniture from scratch. Completed march 2017
98.Grow a vegetable. completed 2021
99.Ice skate in London at Christmas.
100. Have a gin collection Completed 2020
101.Reach our 1st wedding anniversary. (And then our 5th, 10th, 20th and so on). completed 8/8/2017 (first year anniversary) and our 5th year 08/08/2021
102. Help to throw someone a surprise party. completed july 2021
103.Make a patch work blanket. Completed 21/9/2017
104.Visit a beach I have never been to before. Completed 9/4/2017
105.Watch a play I would never have thought of watching. Completed July 2018
106. Run the great south run. Completed November 2017
107. Buy myself a “luxury designer” outfit.
108. Attend an England rugby match.
109. Fly a plane completed Dec 2017
110. Visit a country I’ve never been to before.
111. Start a job or career path that makes me happy completed sept/2017
112. Read a book I would not have thought about reading. Completed 25/9/2017
113. Go paddle boarding completed 12 /08/2022
114. Design or make my own gin. (we have made wine before)
115. Go fruit picking. completed 2021
116. Try zorbing
117. Stroke an elephant.
118. Design my own piece of jewellery.
119. Be debt free (Yep a big en!).
120. Go whale watching.
121. Visit Jerusalem.
122. Visit the Giant’s Causeway.
123. Visit London Borough food market. Completed 13 July 2019
124. Go on a camping trip. (I have a mild fear of camping. I’ve done overnight as a brownie leader but never a camping holiday).
125. Attend a family reunion.. completed july 2021
126. Make something out of clay. Completed November 2018
127. Own shares in a company.
128. Make my own Christmas tree decoration. completed dec 201
129. Take part in a triathlon.
130. Swim with dolphins.
131. Meet a world leader.
132. Make an origami animal. Completed 18/9/2017
133. Be in a play ( I have 0 acting talent!).
134. Go to a book signing.
135. Take a mud bath in a spa.
136. visit all of the ‘G8’ countries.
137. Watch every episode of “Bewitched”.
138. Make Soup from Scratch.
139. Visit Cardiff Castle.
140. Attend a concert.
141. Go to the British Museum. Completed 17/03/2018
142. carve a pumpkin. completed October 2017
143. Go on an over night train journey.
144. Go Vegetarian for a week.
145. Have a second dog. completed July 2021!!!!
146. Watch one of the “Godfather Films”.
147. Make a Christmas cake.
148. Attach a pad lock to love bridge in Paris.
149. Design my own clothing. Completed 2020
150. Make a cheese cake. Completed 1/March/2017
151. Go for a run in Hyde park
152. Spend New Years eve in London.
153. visit a new city in a different country.
154. Go to a casino.
155. Run in the Great North Run.
156. Visit Chester zoo.
157. Eat Haggis in Scotland.
158. Upcycle a piece of furniture. Completed 30/03/2018
159. Learn to crochet
160. Get Duke (my doggy) through his good citizenship bronze award. Completed 28/09/2018
161. Go Vegan for a week.
162. Visit the Roman Colosseum.
163. Own our own home.
164. Move to wales.
165. See the Golden Gate Bridge.
166. Visit a movie set.
167. Eat Waffles in Belgium.
168. Climb the Brecon beacons
169. Learn to sail competently .
170. Own a pair of designer jeans.
171. Stand on the Equator
172. Make a memory jar. Completed 25/02/2018
173. Go on a treasure hunt (so what if I’m 25!)
174. Take a dog psychology/behaviour course. Competed January 2019
175. Go snorkelling.
176. Invest in and create my dream garden or ‘out door space’
177. Take an Areal skills class
178. Try Paragliding.
179. Drink tea in China.
180. Ride a camel.
181. Go Shopping in New York.
182. Go on a Cruise.
183. Spend the night in a tree house.
184. Go Stargazing.
185. Volunteer at a dog rescue centre.
186. Go an entire day without using any technology.
187. Visit Niagara Falls
188. Visit a grown up Soft play/Play Zone centre
189. Release a Floating Lantern.
190. Go Zorbing.
191. See Venice
192. Watch baby turtles journey to the sea.
193. Drink Guinness in Dublin.
194. Stand in Two countries at the same time.
195. Visit Austria.
196. Go on a shopping trip with a personal shopper.
197. Do a mud run with my Dog.
198. Visit the louvre (I’ve been as a kid and you never really appreciate it
199. Watch Macbeth on the stage.
200. Complete our wedding scrap book. completed June 2021
201. Renew our wedding vows in front of friends and family.
202. Cook a whole chicken. Done 25/02/2018
203. Start my own business. started September 2020
204. Experience a ‘white Christmas’ on Christmas day.
205. Go paint balling.
206. Drink a drink from a coconut.
207. Visit the White House.
208. Tour a Battle ship
209. Visit the Roman Baths
210. Visit the Churchill War Rooms in London.
211. See Loch Ness
212. Visit Edinborough.
213. Go festival in another country
214. Learn to speak some welsh.
215. Go on Holiday to Cornwell (as a grown up you never appreciate these things as a kid!.)
216. Visit the Hollywood Walk Of Fame.
217. Make home made ice cream.
218. Start a Relf Family cook book/scrap book with all of mine and my husbands favourite dishes. Completed may 2018
219. Run through a fountain.
220. Own a designer Handbag.
221. Drive a tractor.
222. Visit Mexico.
223. Learn to Touch Type.
224. Try Hot Yoga.
225. Make home made Candles.
226. Learn to make soap/bath bombs.
227. Own a Bonsai tree. Completed 26/08/2018
228. Visit the Vatican.
229. Take part in a triathlon
230. Run in 10 different Half marathon events. (2 down 8 to go!)
231. Get my 5km time Under 27 minutes.
232. Go on a Skiing holiday.
233. Learn about wine/ wine appreciation.
234. Go fishing.
235. Attend an event at Buckingham Palace
236. Hand feed a baby animal.
237. Name a Star
238. Create my own Cocktail.
239. Make my own pasta.
240. Throw a BBQ/garden party at our home for our friends. completed October 2020
241. Visit Bondi Beach.
242. Watch Casablanca. Completed 7/5/2018
243. Be in a dog show with Duke. Completed June 2018
244. Walk on Hot Coals.
245. Milk a cow
246. Sleep overnight in a yurt.
247. Stand under a waterfall.
248. Try glass blowing.
249. Go a week without wearing make up. Completed August 2020
250. Bid at an auction.
251. Go to a themed Afternoon Tea. Completed July 2018
252. Become a registered Dog Trainer.
253. Make a gingerbread house.
254. Have a go on a zipline.
255. Go rollerblading.
256. Have a BBQ in my own garden. Completed June 2018
257. Make bread or pizza in an outdoor oven.
258. Have a stamp in my Passport.
259. Win a prize in photography competition.
260. Soak in a Hot spring.
261. Learn Tia Chi.
262. Join a Martial arts class (I use to do it as a kid and loved it. Would love to do it again) completed November 2018
263. Become “Doggie First Aid Trained”
264. Run Half a marathon in under 2 hours.
265. Visit the Ilse of Skye.
266. Visit Ireland (another place I visited as a kid but didn’t quite appreciate)
267. Ride in a Gondola.
268. Make home made dog treats. Completed October 2018
269. Visit a Lavender field.
270. Go Puffin Spotting.
271. Visit Cardigan Bay.
272. Visit Anglesey.
273. Knit a jumper.
274. Learn to cross stich. Completed June 2020
275. Make something out of wood. Completed aug 2020
276. See a Hypnotists show. Completed December 2018
277. Catch a wave Surfing.
278. Climb a tree as a grown up.
279. Make a Mosaic.
280. Paint a piece of pottery. Completed sept 2018
281. Get VIP passes for a show.
282. Attend Comic Con.
283. Have my Palm Read.
284. Have a Passive income.
285. Try cheese Fondue.
286. Make a balloon animal.
287. Take part in a Themed run.
288. Run a Sub 8 min mile.
289. Ride on a Jet ski.
290. Ride a Tandem bike.
291. Drink Beer in Germany.
292. Go back to the salt mines in Poland.
293. Get my black belt in kickboxing
294. Solve a Rubik’s Cube.
295. Tie Dye a piece of clothing.
296. Read a Stephen King Novel.
297. Tea at the Ritz.
298. Visit the real life Hogwarts Castle – Alnwick Castle.
299. Go to a pole dancing class.
300. Be able to do at least 3 Pull ups! Completed March 2019
301. Try Snow Boarding.
302. Go scuba diving.
302. Create a family Logo / Crest.
304. Attend Cirque du Soleil Show
305. Have a facial.
306. Attend a fashion show.
307. Read a banned book,
308. Stay overnight on a house boat.
309. Float in the dead sea.
310. Visit St. Petersburg.
311. Chop firewood.
312. Visit the Forest of Dean.
313. Climb Ben Nevis.
314. Climb Scafell Pike.
315. See a Carnival.
316. See a show on Broadway
317. Be able to do 20 consecutive “Men’s” push ups. Completed Feb 2019
321. Decorate the whole house for Christmas. completed 2020
322. Create my own print /artwork for my house. Completed Sept 2020
323. Learn / attempt to learn calligraphy.
324. Learn to whistle with my fingers.
325. Make something on a pottery wheel.
326. Invest in a small business.
327. Go to Las Vegas.
328. Run barefoot.
329. Wear an outfit I would have never have though of wearing. Completed October 2018
330. Dye my hair red completed 2017
331. Cut down my own Christmas tree.
332. Sing in a choir.
333. Be able to do the splits.
334. Visit New Orleans.
335. Meet the Prime Minister.
336. Shop exclusively with small business for Christmas.
337. Learn to do my own flower arrangements.
338. Take a ‘random’ class or training day.
339. Make my own Christmas wreath. Completed November 2020
340. Be able to say Hello in 10 Languages.
341. Make my own perfume.
342. Ride in a yacht.
343. Have a meal cooked by a famous chef.
344. Catch and cook a fish.
345. Go to a Drag show.
346. Visit Hawaii.
347. Watch Sumo wrestling.
348. Stay in a themed hotel.
349. Attend Oktoberfest in Germany.
350. Visit a Brewery.
351. Try Laughing Yoga
352. make a TikTok completed 2022
353. Go Geocaching.
354. Visit a German castle.
355. Go hiking in Canada.
356. Learn to play a song on a musical instrument.
357. make an instagram reel completed 2021
358. Own a First Addition Book.
359. Foster a rescue dog / guide dog puppy / police dog puppy.
360. Try digital illustration completed 2020
361. Visit the fairy pools on the Isle of Skye.
362. Visit the Whispering Gallery at St Paul’s Cathedral.
363. Have a drink up the Shard, London
364. Go White water rafting.
365. Send someone a random gift. Completed March 2019
366. Jump in a pool fully clothed.
367. Give a toast at a party or event.
368. Explore a Cave.
369. Watch a Sunrise in a different country.
370. Visit every county in England .
371. Bury a time capsule.
372. Enter a contest.
373. Try ‘proper’ Rowing
374. make a tie curry completed 2021
375. Take part in a charity event (that isn’t running).
376. Go on safari.
377. Give a gift to a stranger. Complete February 2019
378. Stay in a hotel by myself. Completed January 2018
379. Go mountain biking. completed 2021
380. Walk the whole of the south west coast path.
391. Take Duke to wales.
392. Gain a graphic design or illustrator qualification
393. Go to crime con
394. Learn to use photo shop / edit photos complete may 2020.
395. Visit Durham.
396. Visit Guernsey
397. Punt along the River in Cambridge
398. Walk the South Downs Way.
399. See the Prague astronomical clock.
400. Visit Florence, Italy.
401. Visit the Tate Modern. (I’ve been as a youngster!).
402. Try a new fitness class. Completed April 2020
403. Make cheese.
404. Climb a volcano.
405. Learn to make chocolate,
406. Go to a water park.
407. Go caffeine free for a week.
408. Send a post card when on holiday.
409. Go and feed the Ducks. (We use to do it all the time as kids) completed 2020
410. Go food shopping at a farmers market.
411. Go alcohol free for a month. Completed January 2019
412. Make home made chocolate truffles.
413. Visit Stonehenge.
414. Visit Holland.
415. Reupholster a piece of furniture myself.
416. Go to the Edinburgh fringe festival.
417. Learn coding (or attempt to).
418. Have a photograph published. completed march 2021
419. Have a go at air-soft.
420. Go on a random road trip.
421. Go Gin tasting.
422. Raise a puppy. completed 2021/2022
423. Wallpaper a room.
424. Go to a jazz concert/festival
425. Re-create a childhood photograph.
426. Make a U tube video.
427. Join a book club.
428. Sleep in a tepee.
429. Sleep in a castle.
430. Have a skin care routine. completed 2020
431. See giraffes in the wild.
432. Give a speech.
433. Go litter picking.
434. Not use social media for 24 hours.
435. Be able to bench press my own weight.
436. Go to bed /wake up without an alarm clock for a whole week. completed june 2021
437. Navigate the London Underground by myself.
438. Invest in a DSLR Camera.
439. Go on a caravan holiday.
440. Cook every recipe in a recipe book.
441. Eat macarons in Paris.
442. Eat fajitas in Mexico.
443. Be a god parent.
444. Land my dream job.
445. Invest in Bonds.
446. Learn to make jam.
447. Go Christmas carolling.
448. Roast marshmallows over a fire. completed October 2020
449. Write a poem.
450. Take an art class / workshop
451. Try oysters.
452. Take part in an in person Christmas market completed 2021.
453. Nap in a hammock. completed 2020
454. Have a professional pedicure. completed 2022
456. Write a will.
457. Start a herb garden. Completed July 2019
458. Reconnect with an old friend. August 2019
459. Be able to do a one handed pull up.
460. Visit Stonehenge.
451. Visit the Yorkshire Dales.
462. Visit Canterbury Cathedral.
463. Visit a castle in a different county.
464. Take a cocktail making workshop / masterclass.
465. Visit Greenwich Observatory.
466. Shop at Camden market.
467. Watch the night-time ceremony of the Keys at the Tower of London.
468. Visit Portobello road market.
469. Visit Dartmoor.
470. Visit the Eden project.
471. See the Blackpool illuminations.
472. Visit the Shetland Islands.
473. Have a drink in Britain’s oldest pub.
474. Take a life drawing class.
475. Build a sandcastle (as a grown up)
476. Swim with stingrays.
477. Drive a sports car.
478. Go to Bali.
479. Build a tree house.
480. Take Duke to Cornwall.
481. Take Duke up a mountain.
482. Take Duke to Scotland.
483. Pick wild flowers.
484. Cook a Christmas Turkey.
485. Not watch TV for an entire day. completed aug 2020
486. Learn about my Home town’s history.
487. Visit Universal studios.
488. Visit the Cotswolds.
489. Visit a Donkey Sanctuary.
490. Go Jet-skiing.
491. Have a go at paint balloon darting.
492. Practice mindfulness for at least a week. Completed April 2019
493. Go on a ghost hunt.
495. Visit all 7 continents.
495. Learn to speed read.
496. Complete 100 push up challenge.
497. Go on a wellness retreat.
498. See the Statue of Liberty.
499. Visit a Transylvanian castle.
500. Learn to drive.
501. Attend a cooking class.
502. Stay in an Airbnb.
503. Take an Uber.
504. Visit the royal botanical gardens.
505. Go bird watching.
506. Watch Breakfast at Tiffanies
507. Start a gratitude journal. Completed July 2019
508. Go to Dinner alone.
509. Be able to Identify 5 constellations.
510. Be able to tell the time by where the sun is in the sky.
511. Write a letter to a stranger.
512. Do a 365 day photo project.
513. Get lost on purpose.
514. Explore somewhere new by myself.
515. Watch a baseball game.
516. Run an ultra marathon.
517. Complete a fitness program.
518. Go dog sledding.
519. Have a (flexible) 5 year plan. Completed 2019
520. Go to a Coventry city football match. (Hubby is a fan not me!)
521. Try the Marie Kondo method. completed aug 2020
522. Visit every National trust site in England.
523. Visit every National trust site in Wales.
524. Visit Berlin.
525. Attend the Chelsea flower show.
526. Try dock diving with my dog.
527. Walk up Pen y Fan.
528. Make a pie. completed October 2020
529. Eat edible flowers.
530. Eat at a sushi bar.
531. Become a professional dog walker.
532. Have my hair cut short. Completed July 2019
533. Ride in a cable car.
534. Try cross fit.
535. Visit Pompeii.
536. Try Weight lifting Completed 2019
537. Learn conversional French.
538. Watch American football.
539. Go wild camping .
540. Eat out for Christmas Dinner . completed 25th December 2019
541. Host Christmas Day.
542. Swim in the sea. August2020
543. visit a desert.
544. visit a tropical jungle.
545. Be in a magazine, (completed March 2021) :-
546. Start my own business Completed September 2020
547. Dye a piece of my clothing Completed November 2020
548. Have a rum collection.
549. Try finger knitting .
550. Go to a hockey game.
551. Be able to do a head stand
552. Make my own jewellery Completed 2022
553. Go hiking in America
554. Go sea fishing .
555.develop my own style completed 2022
556. Eat bagels in New York
557. Eat pizza in Chicago
558. Drink Champagne in France
559. Have street food in Thai land
560. Dance in a parade
562. See the tulips in Holland in full bloom
562. Win an award Completed 2020
563. Visit Chichén Itzá, (Mayan ruins on Mexico’s Yucatán Peninsula)
564. Get my black belt in kickboxing.
Leave a Reply